I am a Consultant Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with 18 years of experience, based in Pallikaranai, (between Velachery and Medavakkam) in Chennai. I graduated from Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai in 1997. I completed my postgraduate training from the Institute of Obstetrics, Chennai. Subsequently, I went to UK to further my training. I passed my MRCOG exam in London and later worked in John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. I was fortunate to work with experienced specialists, such as Professor CB Lynch who is a world renowed expert, which consolidated my skills and experience.
On return to India, I joined Global Hospitals in Perumbakkam, near sholinganallur. Subsequently I moved to independent practice. I am visiting Consultant at Apollo Cradle Hospital, Karapakkam and also to nearby multispeciality hospitals such as Prashanth Hospital, Velachery, Dr Kamakshi Memorial Hospital at Pallikaranai and KS Hospital, Velachery. I believe in compassionate, professional care and aim to set new standards in Obstetric and Gynaecology. I have been awarded FRCOG by the Royal College of Obstericians and Gynaecologists, London.
- Infertility – Evaluation, treatment and counselling of all infertility problems. Infertility related surgeries (Hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, dye test, Myomectomy etc), Intrauterine insemination (IUI).
- High Risk Obstetrics - expert management of pregnancies complicated by medical disorders such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure etc.
- Advanced Laparoscopic surgeries - such as keyhole operations to diagnose and treat subfertility, ovarian cysts, ectopic pregnancy(pregnancies outside the womb), sterilisation, keyhole removal of uterus (hysterectomy) etc.
- Cancer Screening and Treatment - Cervical Cancer ('Pap' smear test) - Cervical cancer is still diagnosed at a later stage in India. Regular checkups and 'Pap'smear can help to diagnose this serious cancer at an earlier stage. Breast and ovarian cancer screening are also offered.
SHREE'S WOMEN SPECIALITY CLINIC
Phone: +91 9840147487
- Infertility Treatment
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Maternity Care
- Cancer Screening & Treatment
Morning: 8.30 am-10.30 am
Evening: 6.00 pm-8.00 pm
Plot no 5, Anna street, Amaravathy Nagar, Jelladianpet, Pallikaranai, Chennai.
APOLLO CRADLE HOSPITAL, Karapakkam, OMR, Chennai.
VELACHERY KS HOSPITAL, AGS Colony, Velachery, Chennai.
Dr KAMAKSHI MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Pallikaranai, Chennai.
PRASHANTH HOSPITAL, Velachery, Chennai.
Medical technology is fast changing and I believe in being up to date with the latest that science can offer. Here are some of the courses that I have attended:
- Basic surgical skills course at Birmingham Women 's Hospital, UK October 06.
- Managing Obstetric Emergencies and Trauma (MOET) at Manchester, UK May 04
- Basic Minimal Access surgery course at Northampton General Hospital, UK, March 04.
- Third degree Perineal repair - Workshop on at Mayday Hospital, Croydon, UK, Nov 03.
- Obstetric Ultrasound - Practical one to one course at Royal Free Hospital, London,UK, Oct 03
- STIF (Sexually Transmitted Infections Foundation Course), UK July 03.
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics at Sheffield, UK, March, 03.
PUBLICATIONSI believe in evidence based medicine. Only rigorously tested medical and surgical interventions should be used, as untested and unproven interventions can potentially harm the patient. I have an interest in training.I have co-authored a book titled,
"EMQs for MRCOG part II- A self- assessment guide", ISBN: 9780340941690.This book helps junior doctors to prepare for the MRCOG exam.The following are the list my publications.
- L M Palanivelu -Chorea Gravidarum- Case report, published in J Obstet Gynaecol. 2007 Apr; 27(3):3101)
- L M Palanivelu - Contraceptive practices in women with repeat termination of pregnancy. Published in J Obstet Gynaecol. 2007 Nov;27(8):832-4
- L M Palanivelu - Spontaneous uretral extrusion of Filshie clip, Published in J Obstet Gynaecol. 2007 Oct;27(7):742.
- Unwanted pregnancy - Management in Primary care,http://www.doctors.net.uk/ecme/ a web based CME module for General practitioners on Doctor 's net
- Gurusamy KS, Aggarwal R, Palanivelu L, Davidson BR. Virtual reality training for surgical trainees in laparoscopic surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009 Jan 21;(1):CD006575. Review. PubMed PMID: 19160288.
- Gurusamy K, Aggarwal R, Palanivelu L, Davidson BR. Systematic review of randomized controlled trials on the effectiveness of virtual reality training for laparoscopic surgery. Br J Surg. 2008 Sep;95(9):1088-97. Review. PubMed PMID: 18690637.
- Teaching is a way of learning. Often questions from juniors trigger new insights.Apart from my book for exam going obstetric trainees, I also do regular talks at local meetings.Recently I gave a talk in a local school on dysmenorrhoea, which was very much appreciated by both teachers and girls alike.Teaching is in itself a learning experience.
- Colposcopy - Management of defaulters Clinical audit in Milton Keynes General hospital, UK
- Management of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - An audit of treatment protocol in the department of Genitourinary Medicine at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor, Wales, UK.
- Investigation of Postmenopausal bleeding - Peterborough District Hospital. Peterborough, UK.
- Fetal monitoring in labour, at John Radcliffe hospital. Oxford, UK.